Click Play... to Listen to What I write to


Thursday, March 5, 2009

Taking Chance - Again

I think it was a couple of weeks ago that I talked about Taking Chance a new film based on LTC Michael Strobel's account of his journey with the remains of PFC Chance Phelps to the young Marine's home in Wyoming for his burial.

I first read the story the day after the Operation Homecoming book launch as I flew home to Denver. I've never been more moved by this war - these wars - in my life. I've got to be honest though, I'm not sure if I was so moved by his families loss and The Colonel's witness or if it was my relief that all I got was the 0300 call when BBG was medevac'd out of Iraq. I often feel guilty for this and I feel inadequate when I express my condoloances to the families who have given all in service of our nation. I imagine their sorrow and loss and I ache for them.

I feel guilty because as I wonder on their anguish, I am even more thankful that BBG came home. We may have bad days but we have days.


TIA

Earl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I salute every person in the service. Fighting for peace and freedom and serving your country is a herculean task. You must be very proud of her. It's sometimes very hurtful whenever we see our loved ones suffer though being there for them in their time of need is showing care and love more than anything.