Click Play... to Listen to What I write to


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

President Obama Screws Veterans

Urgent News so next friend from Iraq with PTSD will have to wait another day - sorry!

President Obama told Representatives from Veterans Groups Monday that he is still considering a proposal to have treatment for service-connected injuries charged to veterans' private insurance plans.

I may not be a Democrat but I am proud of the process we have in place and Obama is my president and our Commander in Chief. The above statement is a slap in the face to our wounded and injured veterans.

We as a nation owe free medical care for injuries received in the line of duty. It is our debt, our social contract, with the men and woman who have stood in harms way in our names.

How is it acceptable for us to expect our wounded and injured to begin footing the bill for injuries incurred in our name.

This is our nations shame and the Commander in Chief is the primary perpetrator. I don't know how else to express it. Maybe its time to start hanging flags upside down again.


TIA


EARL

2 comments:

Long-time RN said...

Appears, as of tonight, this proposal has been tossed out. I could be all wrong, but to me, it seemed one path to socialized medicine. Place $515 million of wounded veteran bills onto the insurance industry, and guess what-the insurance industry could tank and need to be socialized. I'm growing suspicious of many of the moves of this administration. No one is paying attention to where MUCH of the bailout money went, like to overseas banks in Switzerland, Germany, France etc. Folks are busy screaming over bonuses paid to AIG. Interesting times we're living in...

Earl said...

I agree RN. I am becoming more and more suspicious of the administration. I heard lots of promises and I am seeing most if not all of them broken.I try to temper my judgement and make the natural assumption that its because I am a pretty staunch Republican.

This is different. There are no politics here. I am terribly bothered by the fact that the administration would even consider putting the men and women, broken in service of our nation, on the hook for their own care.

Shameful!