Click Play... to Listen to What I write to


Monday, October 20, 2008

Deployed soldier threatened over landscaping

Thanks to CNN for picking up the following story. By now, you all know that one of my pet peeves is that most of America doesn't want to hear about Iraq or Afghanistan. Those topics, I have been told by media folks are bad for ratings. Gee I wonder how the families of those heroes resting in Section 60 would feel about that. I wonder how the familes of the wounded and injured would feel.

This soldier is deployed in Southwest Asia and his homeowener's association threatened legal action because he didn't finish landscaping his yard before he left. Honestly, it makes me want to fly to Washington State find the HOA pres and slap him silly.

The story also warms my heart: When it hit the local paper, dozens of people showed up to help his family. Hero's - each and every one of you. Thank you!

I know the economy is bad and everyone has three extra mortgages they can't afford but young men and women are dying and being mamed in your names. Stand up for them and remember them in your prayers every day.

2 comments:

Long-time RN said...

'Chick' is quite a guy. Ugh. Unbelievable, yet very believable.
Thanks for posting this clip.

Earl said...

Whether or not you agree with the politics, you have to respect the man. He is a patriot who has given too much and asks for little in return. I hope that I can earn what he ( what they have all)paid for.